Hello again

This query got significantly fewer responses than the IWB vs projector one.

The most useful response was a link to this American science centre website http://www.sciencenter.org/visit/sickpolicy.asp Apparently lots of US museums have sick policies on their websites

Another response stated

‘I can't imagine anyone being so unbelievably stupid as to expose children who are clearly infectious either to other children or to bring them into a public place generally, given  that, as you say, chickenpox is potentially very serious to certain groups of people.  Having caught chickenpox from a child on a school visit to my museum - and was very ill as a result, never having had it as a child - I feel quite strongly about this!  Even if an adult has caught it previously, the virus can still trigger nasties such as shingles.’

There don’t seem to be any UK museums with sick policies but it does seem to be an issue that comes up from time to time especially in response to public health scares such as swine flu. Perhaps it is something that UK museums should consider in the future. I am going to share my findings with our management team and see what they say. Should I end up writing such a policy then I will share it with the GEM list.

Thanks

Laura