ooops - indeed.

On 10 Jun 2011, at 09:52, Mark Jenkinson wrote:

I agree, although you should use a linear contrast of [ -3 -1 1 3 ] and
not [ -2 -1 1 2 ] as the latter is not linear (there's a gap of +2 between
-1 and 1 but +1 between the others).

All the best,
Mark

On 10 Jun 2011, at 09:48, Stephen Smith wrote:

I would probably recommend option 1, as any nonlinearity of response (which you can then test for with other contrasts) will not damage the quality of the GLM fitting.
Cheers.