From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Sean F Walsh
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] Optic radiation tractography ROIs

Dear FSLers,

I would like to track the optic radiations in several subjects (about 80
brains) and would appreciate some advice as to which regions of interest to
use. I would like to automate the process as much as possible to avoid
introducing too much variability with regards to the region of interests, in
particular the placement of the ROI near the lateral geniculate nucleus. Of
course this approach would only be as good as any registration that goes
with it. I was considering using the part of the thalamic atlas which
features projections to the occipital lobe as a seed point. This ROI however
seems to be larger on one side than the other. I am worried that apart from
introducing a left/right bias that I may also miss out on some parts of the
tract which go to nearby parts of the thalamus.

I know that in the fdt tutorial there is a lateral geniculate nucleus mask.
Was this hand-drawn or taken from an atlas? If so, which one?

Also are there any atlases available which feature V1 in each hemisphere, as
in the tutorial example?

Any recommendations will be warmly received,

Many thanks,

Sean