Dear Members

10 years ago I began studying psychology, and during that time I have been reading the addiction research that was available online. With a few notable exceptions most of it was dismal. It has improved enormously in recent years but there is still so much more research to be done if the evidence is to be found that would allow the problems of addiction to be tackled properly. High praise is deserved by those scientists who do have the guts to speak out, especially when they see people like UK ex-government advisor, Sir David Nutt being forced to resign for telling the truth about drugs. It is also good to see movements like User Driven Healthcare and Evidence Based Medicine gaining strength.

As an associate editor of a UDH online journal IJUDH, I am attempting to assemble articles that will draw attention to the current situation. I am putting together a dedicated issue on All Aspects of Addiction. If anyone has anything they would like to see published on addiction research; or any aspect of addiction please get in touch. Whether you are a scientist, therapist, or patient with a story, either contact me Jo Kirkpatrick at: [log in to unmask] or click the link:

http://www.igi-global.com/bookstore/titledetails.aspx?titleid=41022&detailstype=callforpapersspecial

Best wishes Jo Kirkpatrick