As President of Canadian Disability Studies Association (CDSA) I am excited to highlight the below collaboration with the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences.

I am extending to you on behalf Dr. Malinda S Smith

Vice-president, Equity Issues, Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences and CDSA the below opportunity to write an entrée for the equity blog of Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences.

http://blog.fedcan.ca/category/equity-matters/

I want to thank Malinda S Smith and the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences

for partnering with us and giving us this opportunity.

Please consider writing something and email Malinda with your inquiry and topic suggestion

.

Find below the following from Dr. Malinda S Smith

Malinda envisions to post one entry per week on a range of topics related to disability studies from June till Sept

Here guidance is as follows.

1. It is a collaboration between the Federation's Equity Issues Portfolio and the Canadian Disability Study Association.

2. The entries will be posted every Thursday on 'Equity Matters' on the Fedcan blog, beginning 16 June 2011. We are seeking entries for 7 July, 14 July, 21 July, 28 July and for August and September. We would like to identify specific contributors for each date. The series will continue as long as there is interest.

3. Entries could cover any aspect of disability studies in higher education, as it relate to human rights and social justice, to public policy, health and wellness, innovation and creativity, sports and culture, nanotechnology, disabilities in historical and comparative context, etc etc.

4. The blog entries should be written in plain language and should be no more than 1500 words.

5. They may be written in English or French.

6. The audience includes scholars, students and administrators in the academy, as well as policymakers and the broader public.

7. The readership is some 50,000, with two-thirds in Canada, and many others across Europe, and on every continent.

8. Finally we do not use intext referencing but can hyperlink to online and open-access materials. If there are recommended podcasts and videos we would like to link to them as well.

Enquiries should be sent along to:

Dr. Malinda S Smith

Vice-president, Equity Issues, Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences

Email: [log in to unmask]

(or CFHSS Policy Analyst Karen Diepeveen at [log in to unmask])

Please cc also Gregor Wolbring President of CDSA [log in to unmask] Thanks!