From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ritika Shrimali [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 08 June 2011 02:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: A Quarter of a Million Indian Farmers Committed Suicide in the last 16 years - one every 30 minutes

Hey everybody,

There seems to be nothing really new about the new NYU report that has come out.

P. Sainath, a noted rural journalist has been saying this and lot more for the several years now. http://www.hinduonnet.com/2007/11/15/stories/2007111554771300.htm

I have just read and heard the democracy Now report - but it appears that the NYU prof has not even once provided a critical analysis on the role of the Indian State in promoting corporate capital (in general) and GM seeds (in particular). Why is this happening?

When Amy Goodman ask the prof about solutions - she said 'we need more accurate information'...my heart bleeds everytime I hear statements likes these. These solutions are too naive for the times we're living in...

Anyhow, if someone has access to the actual report, then I would love to read it. Please do share.

Ritika

--
Ritika Shrimali
Doctoral Candidate,