It certainly is an interesting issue.

A question hits me. What is rumour and what is not rumour?

Many of “best practice” case studies seem to be difficult to verify so they are somewhat similar to rumour.

Related, but slightly different issues is discourse that does not intend to misdirect people but that actually does.

Creative class discourse, for example, I don’t think the academic producers of this discourse intend it but its effect is making local politicians and planners believe a few shopping centres and art galleries will revive their economy.

Jung Won

=================================

Jung Won SONN
Ph.D. in Urban Planning
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Urban Economic Development
Director of BSc. Programmes

Bartlett School of Planning
UCL, University of London
Wates House, 22 Gordon Street, London, WC1H 0QB
Phone: +44 (0)20 7679 4893
Fax: +44 (0)87 1251 9402
Email: [log in to unmask]

Homepage: http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/planning/people/profiles/j_sonn.htm

Location of Office:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=wc1h0qb&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.418835,39.331055&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=London+WC1H+0QB,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.526021,-0.132415&spn=0.008424,0.019205&z=16&iwloc=A