Reminder of funding opportunities to study postgraduate Humanities in
Canterbury and Paris

Please could you circulate the following information to all those who
may be interested in joining one of our MA programmes this September.

The closing dates for the following scholarships are imminent:

Kent at Paris MA in Modern History: Two studentships each worth £6000
open to all students who have successfully applied for a University of
Kent at Paris MA in Modern History

Kent at Paris: The fund has a value of over £5000 and is open to all
students who have successfully applied for a UKP MA programme

www.kent.ac.uk/paris<http://www.kent.ac.uk/paris>

Programmes available for 2011:

Comparative Literature; Creative Writing; English and American
Literature; Film Studies; French and Comparative Literature; Modern
History; Modern French Studies; Postcolonial Studies.

The University of Kent at Paris offers a unique selection of
innovative and cross-disciplinary programmes for postgraduate study in
the Humanities. Combining

taught courses and a dissertation, these programmes allow students to
obtain an MA in one year, sharing their time between Canterbury and
Paris.

Two magnificent locations

Autumn is spent at our beautiful Canterbury campus, and the spring
term is based at our Paris site, in the heart of historic
Montparnasse, where students participate in the Paris-focused modules,
taught in English. The final term is spent completing the MA by
writing either a 12,000-word dissertation or another appropriate
assignment.

Academic outcomes

The Kent at Paris MA programmes and associated activities are designed
to increase cultural knowledge, to heighten social and historical
awareness and to broaden intellectual and imaginative horizons.
Through taught modules and independent research for a

dissertation, students are encouraged to fulfil their analytical,
creative and communicative potential. Kent at Paris postgraduates thus
acquire transferable skills and international credentials that enhance
their employability and career prospects.

www.kent.ac.uk/paris<http://www.kent.ac.uk/paris>

Professor Peter Read

Academic Director

University of Kent at Paris

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.