From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ting-Wei Jiang
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] regarding refinement and structure determination by MR

Dear experts,
I got two questions regarding refinement and structure determination by MR.

1.I got a dataset of resolution at 2A refined to Rvalue~20% and Rfree~24%
   I want to know if there is any program in CCP4 could help me to check the refined structure in detail.
   For example,the model statistics in CNS could list some information that infer band,angle violation...etc
   Or I should ask what do I need to check before submitting to PDB.

2.A dataset of resolution collected to 2.2A is from native protein crystal(A) and its complex form(A'+B)
  whose PDB code is 2QN5 was already determined by MR(use another protein as search model).I planned
  to use A' as search model but the A' looks broken.
  This number of molecules in AU was predicted to 4~6 using Mathews coefficient.
  N/a        M.C.       solvent%
   4          2.99          58.92
   5          2.39          48.65
   6          1.99          38.38
  The coordinate or orientation of output pdb(as attached figure) from MR are always different since I changed
  parameter,such as different resolution,Multi copy,search mode...etc. even the contrast value of every run
  is pretty high(>>3)
  I really don't what happened with this dataset and any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.