Hi

Hmmm. I was actually struck by the similarity between Apple's new HQ
and GCHQ, the UK government's "top-secret" communications monitoring
station -

http://www.google.co.uk/searchq=gchq&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&biw=1175&bih=764&prmd=ivnsm&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=hA_1TYeHJYOw8gOC1NSXBw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBMQ_AUoAQ

(all that should be on one line, or just google for "gchq" and look at
the images).

On 12 Jun 2011, at 19:55, Derek Logan wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The latest update on the Apple story is that they are actually going
> to build their new headquarters in Southern Sweden:
>
> http://www.maxlab.lu.se/media_press/research/pm_exteriornew.html
>
> You can see that the lawn outside has been severely affected by the
> reality distortion field. Actually Apple seem to have moved away
> from the monolithic design in Fred's mail towards something
> "greener" (well with grass on the roof anyway...) and more compact.
> Check out another, even more elegant earlier design here:
>
> http://www.maxlab.lu.se/maxlab/max4/images/maxiv_buildning_suggestions/Snöhetta/MaxLab_Aerial_FINAL_II.jpg
>
> /Derek
> Derek Logan                                    tel: +46 46 222 1443
> Associate Professor                            fax: +46 46 222 4692
> Dept. of Biochemistry and Structural Biology   mob: +46 76 8585 707
> Centre for Molecular Protein Science           www.cmps.lu.se
> Lund University, Box 124, 221 00 Lund, Sweden  www.saromics.com
>
> On 9 Jun 2011, at 17:49, Vellieux Frederic wrote:
>
>> Sorry, a bit off topic. But in the news today (check google news
>> for example): Steve Jobs (Apple) has revealed his plans for the new
>> "Apple campus" (Apple headquarters) in Cupertino, California.
>> Should look familiar to macromolecular crystallographers.
>>
>> Fred.
>> <apple.jpg>

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre,
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QH