On Wednesday, June 01, 2011 04:45:36 pm Pavel Afonine wrote:
> Hi Hailiang,
>
> to get feeling about how maps may look like at different resolutions do the
> following learning exercise: download a structure from PDB and compute Fcalc
> maps at different resolutions:
>
> phenix.fmodel model.pdb high_res=1
> phenix.fmodel model.pdb high_res=2
> phenix.fmodel model.pdb high_res=3
> phenix.fmodel model.pdb high_res=4
> phenix.fmodel model.pdb high_res=5
> phenix.fmodel model.pdb high_res=10
> phenix.fmodel model.pdb high_res=20
>
> then load them in Coot and you will get your answer.

True.  Although really you need not go through phenix repeatedly for
this purpose. Coot itself lets you choose the resolution limits on input.
So you only need one map or *.mtz file, which you can read in at
whatever resolution you like.

	Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg