From: This is the list of ARLIS/UK & Ireland: the Art Libraries Society. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Campbell, Rachel
Sent: 02 June 2011 16:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Art Full Text/Art Index Retrospective moving to Ebsco

Hi

Has anybody else heard about the merger between H W Wilson and Ebsco?  A colleague of mine forwarded me a press release from earlier today.  In among the rest of the release it states that “Wilson databases will be loaded onto EBSCOhost over the coming months.   EBSCO will continue to maintain WilsonWeb until such time that all Wilson databases are available on EBSCOhost and customers have been transitioned to EBSCOhost”.

I’m quite interested to find out what’s happening with Art Full Text, and Ebsco’s Art & Architecture product that they’ve been trying to sell us for the past year, as they’ll have been in direct competition with each other.  Another colleague here has just finished talking on the phone to at Ebsco about this and “they are starting by looking at hosting issues and will come onto the content that each of them offer later rather than sooner”.

Does anybody have any thoughts about this?

Kind regards

Rachel

Rachel Campbell
Liaison Librarian
Libraries & Learning Resources
Nottingham Trent University
Boots Library
Goldsmith Street
Nottingham
NG1 5LS
Tel: 0115 848 2161

email: [log in to unmask]

Blog: http://artdesignlibrary.wordpress.com

DISCLAIMER:
This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.

Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2011 at http://www.arlis.org.uk/

‘In the top three in the People and Planet green league table; committed to sustainability’

This email is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error please notify the sender and delete it from your computer.

The University of Gloucestershire is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 06023243. Registered office: The Park, Cheltenham, GL50 2RH