Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that we are holding an Archives Hub Training Day in Wales at the University of Cardiff.

If you book on to our workshop, you will:

- Learn how to use our EAD editor

- Use the EAD editor to link digital content to Hub descriptions

The workshop is free and will offer contributors and potential contributors the chance to learn how to use our EAD Editor to create collection-level and multi-level descriptions and how to add digital content to add value to Archives Hub descriptions.

The EAD Editor is user friendly and intuitive to use. You can create records from scratch or you can load your descriptions into the EAD editor to edit them. The Editor also enables easy linking to digital objects.

The workshop is a practical session which includes hands-on training. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. As the workshops include hands-on places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Details:

Date: Wednesday 3rd August

Time: 10.00-3.30/4.00

Location: Training Room 2, Julian Hodge Study Centre, Cardiff University

Map: http://www.caerdydd.ac.uk/insrv/it/itrooms/jhsc/index.html

Please email us on [log in to unmask] if you want to book a place on the workshop. (Please specify location. Thank you.)

Regards

Lisa

Lisa Jeskins
Promotions and Outreach: Library and Archival Services
Mimas

T: +44 (0) 161 275 6789 |E: [log in to unmask] |

W: Archives Hub:  http://archiveshub.ac.uk  |
W: Copac: http://copac.ac.uk |
Twitter: @archiveshub | @copac | @LisaJeskins | @lilac_2011 | @infolitgroup