 Archives and Records Association Northern Region
Northern Exposure: Archives and the Media
ARA Northern Region Conference & AGM

The ARA Northern Region is pleased to announce an all-day conference
entitled  Northern Exposure: Archives and the Media, to be held on Friday
24th June in the Huntington Room, King's Manor, Exhibition square, York.
Registration will begin at 10.00am and the conference will last until
2.45pm, with the Northern Region AGM starting at 3pm.

The day will be split into 2 sessions: Using new media to reach new
audiences (10.30am-12.30pm) and Engaging traditional media with archives.
(1.30pm-2.45pm)

Speakers include:
Gary Brannan, Archivist (West Yorkshire Archive Service) on 'West
Yorkshire's Darkest Night - the West Riding ARP project';
John Coburn, E-Collections Officer (North East Regional Museums Hub.)
Playful, Rapid, Small-Scale Experimentation- TWAM Photography and Social
Media
Alison Cullingford, Special Collections Librarian, (Bradford University
Special Collections) on '100 Objects Bradford: share the power of social
media.
Sarah Shooter, (West Yorkshire Archive Service) on the use of new media.
Ian Mason, Archives and Local Studies Manager, (East Riding Archives and
Local Studies), Getting the press to work for you
Ellen Tout, Archivist, (North Yorkshire County Record Office) on Record
Office newsletters
Martin Taylor, Head of History Services, (Hull History Centre) on 'Working
with the Wireless: local radio and the archive service'

We understand that this is a difficult time for training budgets so
we will charge just £1 for the whole conference.  Please email me on
[log in to unmask] to let us know you are coming as we will
need to know numbers by June 16th. Payment will be taken on the day. The
conference will be followed by the regional AGM at 3pm. If you are unable
to come to the conference but would still like to come along to the AGM
then please let us know.

We've had a lot of interest already, so make sure you book your place as
soon as possible!

Please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have any queries or
concerns,

Best wishes,
Lizzy Baker
ARA Northern Region

Public Services Officer
East Riding of Yorkshire Archives and Local Studies Service

County Hall
Beverley
HU17 9BA

Tel: (01482) 392790
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

are addressed.

Please note that the East Riding of Yorkshire Council is able to, and
reserves the right to, monitor e-mail communications passing through
its network.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail
manager at [log in to unmask]

Whilst every effort has been made to check for viruses in this e-mail
and any attachments, the Council does not warrant that it or they are
free of viruses. If in any doubt then please ask for the hard copy.