From: Arch-Metals Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Major
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bronze in the Meroitic period (Nubia/Sudan)

Professor,

Thank you very much for your comments - they are of great interest to me and my future PhD research. As you rightly point out, there seems to be almost no work done regarding bronze and I hope that in my small way I am able to at least begin to shed some light on it's use/value in the meroitic period. I am particularly interested in the bronze bowls that crop up from time to time in a mortuary context, what there meaning is and why grave-robbers seem to have ignored them despite their (as yet presumed) value as import items or even scrap value.

kind regards,

Paul Major