Dear All,

Please find below the programme for the 2011 IAMS summer school on *Ancient
Mining: Technology and Archaeology*.

There is no registration fee but as places are limited please let me know as
soon as possible if you would like to register for this event. Do feel free
to email me if you have any questions concerning the summer school.

*The 2011 IAMS Summer School on Ancient Mining: Technology and Archaeology.*

Monday 11th July - Friday 15th July

10am to 4pm (with lunch break)

UCL Institute of Archaeology, room 612

*Monday 11 July *

from 9am: Registration (Jane Humphris) and Welcome (Thilo Rehren)

10am to 1pm: Tim Shaw, Systematic Mining Archaeology I

2pm to 4pm: Tim Shaw, Systematic Mining Archaeology II

*Tuesday 12 July*

10am to 1pm: Tim Shaw, Systematic Mining Archaeology III

2pm to 4pm: Tim Shaw, Systematic Mining Archaeology IV

*Wednesday 13 July*
10am to 1pm: Simon Timberlake, Mining Archaeology of the British Isles I

2pm to 4pm: Simon Timberlake, Mining Archaeology of the British Isles II

*Thursday 14 July*

10am to 1pm: Brigitte Cech, Roman mining in the Iberian peninsula I: General
overview

2pm to 4pm: Brigitte Cech, Roman mining in the Iberian peninsula II: Gold

*Friday 15 July*

10am to 1pm: Brigitte Cech, Medieval Mining in Austria (gold)

2pm to 4pm: Brigitte Cech, Roman iron smelting in Austria / Ferrum Noricum

Kind regards,

Jane

--
*Dr Jane Humphris