Please see below for details of a vacancy at our company, Smartodds Ltd. The closing date for this round of applications is 30/06/2011 although for the right candidates we are flexible on start dates.

For further information about the company and our roles, please visit our website at http://www.smartodds.co.uk. For queries or applications, please e-mail [log in to unmask], quoting the job reference and attaching a CV and covering letter to applications. We politely note that we will not respond to any approaches from recruitment agencies.

ABOUT SMARTODDS:

Smartodds is a privately owned company providing statistical research and sports modelling services. We are based in north London, and employ in excess of 40 UK employees together with a larger number of consultants based globally.

Founded in 2004, Smartodds has a proven record of providing exceptional services to our clients. We are a growing company and work in an exciting and fast-paced industry of which we are a market leader.

Smartodds' people are the key to its success. We have an exceptional team, comprising statistically trained quantitative analysts, innovative software developers and expert football analysts. And as a growing company, we are looking to recruit.

________________________________

VACANCY: Software Engineer
LOCATION: London
SALARY: Competitive
REF: QTA110630

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Smartodds requires a talented programmer interested in and passionate about sports data, to work as a software engineer within the Quantitative team.

We offer a relaxed, but professional and fast paced working environment and an excellent salary package, depending on experience and qualifications.

The  purpose of the role is to process, integrate, manage and commit to a database the sports data gathered from multiple feeds and sources. You will be working closely with database administrators, data managers and statisticians to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the data.

ESSENTIAL SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:

Previous experience in processing large datasets, possibly from multiple sources, in several formats (XML, csv, …).

Excellent knowledge and working experience in at least one scripting language, preferably, but not limited to, Python and/or R.

Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL and MSSQL), database interfaces and SQL.

Working experience with building web application with preferably Django, or in other web app frameworks.

Passionate about data and sports.

DESIRABLE SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:

Experience in developing desktop applications.

Knowledge of developing on a LAMP stack.

Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts in Linux.

Solid understanding of software engineering best practices.

First or upper second class degree in Computer Science or in any subject with a high computational content.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error or are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. Instead, please notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (20) 74820223 and delete the material from your systems. Smartodds is a business carried on by Smartodds Limited, a company registered with the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales with number 05108548. Registered office: Unit 530 Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road, London NW5 1TL

SIGNOFF allstat