From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ginny Lee
Sent: 22 June 2011 12:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Digoxin

We have decided to ammend our digoxin comment to:

"The target range for digoxin is 0.5-1.0 ug/L for patients being treated for heart failure. However, a range of 0.5-2.0 ug/L may be appropriate for some patients. There is an increased risk of digoxin toxicity, even if the level is within the therapeutic range, if there is hypokalaemia or renal impairment"

At what potassium and creatinine levels should we start to think about toxicity occuring within the therapetic range?

Thanks

Ginny

Dr Virginia Lee, PhD, FRCPath
Senior Clinical Scientist
Department of Chemical Pathology
Level 4 Sandringham Building
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Leicester
LE1 5WW
Tel:  0116 2586560
Fax: 0116 2586550

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk
List Archives
List Instructions (How to leave etc.)
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk