Dear all

 I am investigating the use of troponins by GPs in our patch.  I know that the test is not uniformly available to GPs across UK- as there can be arguments made both for and against providing the test in the primary care setting.
Could I request the mail users to please write to me with the practice in their labs?

I would also be interested to know:
1. If the test is available to GPs.
2. Whether all troponins are booked in as urgent requests and
3. What the limits are for phoning the results.

I will summarise the information on the mail base once I have collated the responses.

Many thanks

Pankaj Gupta

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk