-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jason Carty
Sent: 16 June 2011 10:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Gantry vs Mobile

Dear all,

Currently we are in the process of putting together a procurement list
for a new ED.  The originals plans/provisions were for an x-ray gantry
in resus but our radiography service manager would rather have a digital
mobile machine.  The radiology argument is that a mobile machine would
be easier to use and offer a greater scope of x-rays that could be done
as portables.  I'm not a radiographer so I find it hard to find a reason
to prefer the gantry option beyond the aesthetic appearance of the
machine.

Has anybody else on the list had this debate about gantry v portable?

Regards

Jason Carty

EM Consultant,
Kerry General Hospital, Tralee, Co.Kerry
DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual,
individuals or entity to whom they are addressed.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the
views of Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust unless otherwise explicitly
stated.  This email may contain confidential and/or privileged
materials. In the case of confidential and/or privileged materials, any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of these materials by
individuals or entities other than the intended recipient may be the
subject of legal action. If you receive an email in error from Poole
Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, please contact the sender and delete the
material from your computer.