On 16/06/2011 10:05, Jason Carty wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Dear all,

Currently we are in the process of putting together a procurement list for a new ED.  The originals plans/provisions were for an x-ray gantry in resus but our radiography service manager would rather have a digital mobile machine.  The radiology argument is that a mobile machine would be easier to use and offer a greater scope of x-rays that could be done as portables.  I'm not a radiographer so I find it hard to find a reason to prefer the gantry option beyond the aesthetic appearance of the machine.

Has anybody else on the list had this debate about gantry v portable?

Regards

Jason Carty

EM Consultant,
Kerry General Hospital, Tralee, Co.Kerry

Hi
call me 0879850729