With apologies for bombarding you with EU matters ...

Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: European Cultural Foundation [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 May 2011 19:21
To: Colvin, Sarah
Subject: Do you still believe in the power of culture?

Join the we are more campaign
Do you still believe in the power of culture?

 ECF does. And we are now calling on you to actively join the we are more campaign.
 An initiative of Culture Action Europe in partnership with ECF.

 In July, the European Commission will officially launch its discussions on how much will be spent on culture in the next EU budget. They will also be questioning the shape and content of the EU Culture Programme

 The resulting decisions by national governments and EU policymakers will influence the next ten years of support for cultural activities. It will directly affect everyone who lives in Europe.

 Currently, direct support for arts and culture represents 0.05% of the total EU budget.
 we are more believes this does not properly reflect the importance of arts and culture in the development of all European societies. We seek increased support for culture in the next EU budget.

 We cannot wait another decade. We need as many signatures as possible before July to have our voices heard by governments and policymakers. Make a difference by actively supporting we are more!
 Put the Manifesto Signature Box (iFrame) on your website, blog or forum!

 What you can do

 http://www.wearemore.eu/manifesto/ .	Make sure you have signed the http://www.wearemore.eu/manifesto/ manifesto.

 .	Install the we are more signature box (iFrame) on your website, blog or forum.

 .	Forward this message to your networks to motivate people to sign the manifesto and implement the iFrame on their own interfaces.

 .	Join our http://www.facebook.com/pages/Act-for-Culture-in-Europe/123363221046746 to help further spread our message.

 Quick & easy installation of the signature box (iFrame) on your interface

 1.	Log in to the administration section of your website, blog or forum and go to the location where you want to feature the Manifesto Signature Box.

 2.	Change the editing mode to HTML mode. If your content editing module looks likes a simple word processor that immediately shows how text will be represented on your website, change the editing mode to HTML.

 3.	Copy and paste the following HTML code to your website:
 <iframe height="1100px" width="420px" scrolling="no" src="http://www.wearemore.eu/manifestoframe/" frameborder="0" style="border:none;"></iframe>
 4.	Save the changes and return to normal edit mode. The manifesto signature box should now appear on your website.

 Thank you very much for helping collect signatures for the manifesto via your website!

 Read more about the goals of the campaign at http://www.wearemore.eu/campaign/

 General enquiries: Jeske van Vossen http://mailinglijst.eumailto:[log in to unmask] Press enquiries: Mascha Ihwe http://mailinglijst.eumailto:[log in to unmask]

 The European Cultural Foundation thanks The Prins BernhardCultuurfonds, BankGiro Loterij and Lotto for their longstanding support and would also like to thank its http://www.eurocult.org/about-us/funders in supporting ECF initiatives.
 http://www.eurocult.org/about-us/funders

 European Cultural Foundation - ECF
 Jan van Goyenkade 5 . 1075 HN Amsterdam . tel +31 (0)20 5733868 . fax +31 (0)20 6752231 . http://www.eurocult.org/

 Feel free to pass this e-zine on to those who might be interested.
 Change your settings or unsubscribe to this newsletter.:
http:[log in to unmask]&c=1494&l=261