It’s reassuring to hear that the ICO were saying yesterday that “Organisations and

businesses that run websites aimed at UK consumers are being given up to 12

months to ‘get their house in order’ before enforcement of the new EU cookies

law begins”.

Not that this means we can all forget about it for 12 months of course, as the same

ICO press release goes on to say:  “So we’re giving businesses and organisations

up to one year to get their house in order. This does not let everyone off the hook.

Those who choose to do nothing will have their lack of action taken into account

when we begin formal enforcement of the rules.”

So the approach of adding something general to terms and conditions / privacy

policy pages now, while then taking time to think through the most appropriate

course of action according to our own use of cookies seems a very sensible one

to me.

Now I’d better get on and write a page about cookies for our site...!

Best wishes,
Adrian