Hello all,

Just a quick email to let you know that we’ve just posted the first guest post on the Comics Forum website (http://comicsforum.org). It’s a discussion of the Thought Bubble sequential art festival by co-director Clark Burscough, and may be of interest to anyone on this list who’s interested in the sociological aspects of comics and their audiences or simply wants to know more about Thought Bubble. We’ll be starting our monthly columns next Friday with the first instalment of Sculpture and Comic Art from Kirstie Gregory (the director of the conference of the same name taking place at this year’s Comics Forum).

We are currently working on ways to develop the site further and add more useful resources for scholarship without duplicating the work that’s already being done by existing sites like www.comicsgrid.com and http://comicsresearch.org. If anyone has any ideas for things they’d like to see on the site please get in touch at this email address or at [log in to unmask] and we’ll see what we can do. The support that the scholarly community has shown Comics Forum as an event over the past two years has been amazing and we’re really grateful for it; hopefully this site can start to provide a set of resources that are available year-round and contribute something more to the solidification and stabilisation of Comics Studies. Many thanks for any comments and input.

Best wishes,

Ian

Ian Hague

Director, Comics Forum