Hello all,

I’m delighted to announce that Maggie Gray has been in touch to provide a digital copy of her paper ‘Hanging out with Halo Jones – the first feminist comics heroine?’, which was delivered at Women in Comics II as part of Comics Forum 2010. You can download the paper in PDF format from the ’Papers & Notes’ section of the Comics Forum 2010 Archive at http://comicsforum.org.

Many thanks to Maggie for her generous contribution!

If you were a speaker at Comics Forum 2010 or Possibilities and Perspectives in 2009, and you have a paper or notes you would be willing to share, please get in touch at [log in to unmask] and let us know.

***

Coming up before the end of June on the Comics Forum website we have the following articles:

Sculpture and Comic Art: An Expanded Call for Papers by Kirstie Gregory

Women in Comics by Sarah Lightman

Comics Scholarship 2.0 by Ernesto Priego

Graphic Medicine: Of Comics, Disease and Stigma by Ian Williams

The Reinterpretation of the superhero in Seagle and Kristiansen’s It’s a bird by Esther Claudio Moreno

These are in addition to any news items and additional contributions we receive. We will be updating most Fridays and some Mondays so do keep checking the site for new items (or subscribe by email or RSS and have them delivered!).

Best wishes,

Ian

Ian Hague

Director, Comics Forum