On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Laurence Sabin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Sir,Madam

I am trying to run Gaia using the Namaka version associated to a 64bit Fedora 14 linux system. Unfortunately Gaia  seems not to work at all in this configuration (crash).

We have not heard of failures of 64-bit gaia from namaka before.

So I installed the 32bit version of Namaka and here is the error message (I use a bash shell):

GAIA_DIR = /home/Laurence/star-namaka/bin/gaia
/home/Laurence/star-namaka/bin/gaia/gaia_wish: error while loading shared libraries: libatl.so.0: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied

This is a security feature of Fedora 14.

I think you need to do something like:

execstack -c $STARLINK_DIR/lib/libatl.so.0

--
Tim Jenness