Good Afternoon

This is Mobin Anandwala and I have a question regarding the variable uj in the bilinear state equation.  The equation as stated is z' = (A + sigma(uj*Bj))*z + Cu.  As I understand the u vector times the C matrix is a vector consisting of input functions.  My question is that since the u vector consists of input functions is the uj variable a scalar that is the maximum of the input function or is it a vector?  When I tried to use uj as a vector I obtained a matrix multiplication error in Matlab with Bj as the dimensions did not match (u being an n x 1 vector and Bj being 4 x 4).  I am currently using uj as a scalar constant with it being the maximum of input function (current data that I have has u2(t) in the u vector and the uj being its maximum).

Thank you
Mobin Anandwala