Dear Danai,

Just to add to Marta's answer, that you can always check whether your model comparison is valid by enabling the 'Verify data identity' option in the Bayesian Model Selection' tool.

Vladimir

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

From: Marta Garrido <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: "SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 13:41:19 +0100
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: Marta Garrido <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SPM] Comparing MEG-DCM models with different number of volumes of interest

Dear Danai,

Yes, you can compare models with different number of sources - see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19261714
When you do this though, make sure that all your models contain all the sources of the most complete model, and then turn off the connections you don't need (for simpler models).

Hope this helps!

Marta