Zhang,

Remove subject from the model and the flexible factorial setup. Subject CAN
only be AND MUST be included in within-subject designs. Your design is
purely between subjects.

When you specify subjects the error term goes to 0. When this happens, SPM
produces this message. There are several other potential causes as well
(e.g. no overlapping voxels in ALL subjects, using the same scan twice,
etc.), but this is why it appeared in this case.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464