Thanks very much Joy for forwarding this to the Research Data Management list. I'm embarrassed to admit that I wasn't aware of this list previously, and therefore didn't compose a set of questions more suited to this audience than to JISC-Repositories (although I am sure there is a cross-over of membership).

I see there hasn't been any response since Joy forwarded the email: I have been scouring the list archives for info and discussion on open science related topics though, which has been useful.

If anyone on this list has any particular thoughts on the relationship between research data management and open science, or even citizen science (which often utilises very large datasets), I'd be glad to hear them, on or off-list. I'm mainly looking for the kind of observations and advice one might like to put in front of a funding body strategist, government policy-maker or university vice-chancellor! Sorry I haven't got a more refined set of questions for you; am in the last week of this very brief snapshot study but wanted to make sure I picked up any additional points from people with the particular expertise represented by this list.

Kind regards and many thanks for your indulgence,

Sarah

--

Sarah Currier

Research Communications Strategy Open Science Project
http://rcsproject.wordpress.com/category/open-science/

Twitter: @RCSOpenScience

Sarah Currier Consultancy Ltd.
Open Education | Resource Sharing | Web 2.0 | Metadata | Repositories

Tel: +44 (0)141 4233660
Mob: +44 (0)798 0855801
E-mail: [log in to unmask]