*****************************APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING****************************

I have now scoped the review for the RM Toolkit for Schools and I need to ask for some volunteers to assist with the process.

As always all work in the review will be acknowledged in the final toolkit.

To start the process, all the "fact" sheets need to be reviewed. I think that the most effective way of doing this is to ask 3 volunteers to look at each fact sheet and come up with a reviewed version. Some of them may need to be discontinued and replaced with other more relevant information or updated, or even take a different format. Knowing how much talent there is in the public sector environment I could see a number of them being re-written in a much improved way (it's alright for me to say that as I wrote most of the content last time around!!!!)

The following factsheets need to be reviewed:

Business Continuity
Creating Information Management Systems
Information Audits
Information Security
Managing Email
Pupil Records
Records Management Policy
Safe Disposal
School Closures

All of these documents are no more than 4-5 A4 pages long (most of them shorter). If you would be prepared to take on a single fact sheet or even two then please let me know which ones you'd like to tackle. Iwill collate all the offers of help and put the reviewers in touch with one another to agree how they would want to proceed. Most of the work can be done virtually.

The next stage will be to put the retention guidelines out for review, and that will happen in the next two-three weeks once I've had a chance to iron out all the obvious anomalies and obsolesence.

I can be contacted either on list or off list at [log in to unmask]