Morning all,

I hope those who attended the IRMS Annual Conference enjoyed the event, sadly this was the first conference in many years I was unable to attend, but I did manage to arrange for two of my staff to make it.

Anyway, in this new world of austerity and seeking best value for money (a constant for many years in my view), the Public Sector Group now meets in two locations, one being London and the other, for the next meeting at least, being Nottingham, where the Driving Standards Agency (my employers) provide a meeting room free of charge.

When one thinks about it, we are often bombarded with events, most of which charge to attend, are located in London (in the main) and hear presentations such as those on offer at the free to attend IRMS Public Sector Meetings.  So this  meeting certainly fits the best value agenda.

The meeting is going to be held on 25th May 2011 with coffee from 9.30 am for a 10 am start at the Driving Standards Agency, 112 Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham, NG1 6LP.  We are about 10 mins walk from the Station and there is plenty of parking near the offices.

The theme for the day is Records Management in an Electronic Age and will open with a presentation from Jon Garde who is the author of MOREQ2010.

This will be followed by a presentation from Alison Gibney from CIMTECH entitled Records Management for a Diverse Digital Landscape. Richard Jeffery Cook (Inform Consult) will wind up the day with a session on implementing records management in Sharepoint 2010, an activity which seems to be exercising many of us across the public sector.  I know it is me!

The event is being sponsored by "automated intelligence" who will also provide a presentation on Compliance for Sharepoint 2010.

There will also be the chance to present questions to a panel.

If you would like to attend, there are a few places still available, please contact Debs Wilson on 0155 936 6767 or email at [log in to unmask]

Best regards

Paul