On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Jen Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Moreq2010, a DOD5015 slayer?
http://networkedblogs.com/ickfX

As subscribers to our research know only too well, standards in the world of document and records management are a bit thin on the ground, and those that do exist are often cumbersome and unwieldy.  As a result, few buyers of document and record management systems (ECM) pay much attention to them.

This statement by the author surprises me because I know that the author is familiar with 5015
"Slayer because it does what it's supposed to do and no more. It's a standard that tells you what you must do, but not how to do it, or for that matter where to do it"

if you've never read 5015 you can download it here www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/501502std.pdf

here is one of the mandatory requirements "C2.1.3. Meta -Tagging Organizational Data. RMAs shall allow for the implementation of discovery meta-tagging ...This requirement implies the capability for adding Organization-Defined metadata fields, modifying existing field labels, and mapping data fields to standard transfer format fields.."

don't see where 5015 is telling you how or where to do it.

The Records Management community in the US recognizes that 5015 was designed and developed by the US Dept of Defense, but at the time of its initial issuance there was no way that RMS could compare and contrast the various RM software products coming onto the marketplace. 5015 certification let us know that the products being tested could do the mandatory requirements, what the certification doesn't do is tell you how the functionalities are done. For example one requirement is that the product must be able to create folders. Different products do this different ways.

That said I look forward to reviewing the latest version of MoReq

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va