Hi all

This is a great idea. The knowledge management community have really developed their own professional identity through the regular Gurteen Knowledge Cafes and subsequent trips to the pub! Although archive and RIM communities have lots of organised events it is from informal discussions that new ideas and learning can be built. In my own research, with the Continued Communication group, it is the ongoing regular discussions we have which have provided a lot of the value for participants. We have identified gaps in our professional knowledge where key literature has not filtered through to general publications such as the RM bulletin.

My main point for this email is to flag that given not everyone can make it into London  (although local hubs could be formed?) it would be great if some of the discussions could be fed back and evolved on the listserv. There were so many postings about Peter's Rain service it made me feel we were really all desperate for an actual discussion to contribute to!

It would perhaps be wrong to start the discussion before the meeting but maybe you could feed back key ideas for further debate Nicole?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Lomas
Northumbria University