See below. In order to ‘cut red tape’, the government plans to scrap all our equality legislation.

Alison

From: Alex Scott-Samuel [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 May 2011 23:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [POHG] Fwd: URGENT Government plans for the Equality Act

The Government appears to be consulting on scrapping the entire Equality Act, which includes ALL anti-discrimination legislation in the UK, The consultation is here

http://www.redtapechallenge.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/equalities/

This is part of a new website to encourage the public to tell the Government where to cut red tape. One of the first areas to be examined includes the Equality Act - and one of the suggestions requiring comment is to scrap the Act altogether to cut unnecessary bureaucracy on business and the public sector. Therefore can I urge you to go on to the website and leave your comments about why the Equality Act is important, and please encourage your colleagues and friends to respond too. Please distribute this far and wide amongst any and all networks you have access to. It doesn't have to be an overlong comment, but it is important that we register our support for the Equality Act.

******************************* Politics of Health Group Mail List Message *******************************

Visit the PoHG website for lots of interesting links and publications:

http://www.pohg.org.uk/

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk. *******************************************************