Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 15:13:00 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Intern - At-Bristol
To: [log in to unmask]

I'm not disagreeing with all the points you raise, I just wonder whether a PSCI-COM advert ban would force the institutions to reconsider and start paying their interns (I wonder if anyone from one such place would want to comment?)

What other steps would be necessary, who would agree to making positive moves in this direction and who would oversee such changes to make sure they were within the law (if they are indeed unlawful now)? I'm all for unilateral agreement, but is that achievable?

And if it doesn't make them change their ways, then it only makes it that bit harder for people like me to find out about where to get experience.

I just don't want to see the list cut off its nose to spite the faces of the upcoming science communicators…