Hello,

Can someone direct me to a paper or study that has reviewed national or
international design competitions and their criteria - specifically
regarding when (or if) they began incorporating sustainability issues?
I'm looking into how the definition of 'good design' or 'design value' is
expanding from traditional definitions/criteria (form, function, market
share, etc.) to addressing environmental and social sustainability
principles - how and when this becomes visible through national design
policies and design competitions.

Thank you

Cindy Kohtala
doctoral candidate, Aalto University School of Art and Design
Helsinki, Finland