With apols for cross-posting, but this seems like a more general request.

David

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "di-Savoia, Alex" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Request for Collaborative materials
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:46:25 +0100

Hello

I’m hoping members of the community can assist with this call out.

I’m currently developing UCF’s “Intellectual Property Rights for Educational Environments” OE course as part of Phase II.  I’m in the midst of specifically developing  modules around Collaborative working and how this relates to IPR.  There are two modules, the first is a Level 1 “General Introduction to Collaborations”  and the second is a Level 2 “Collaborations within an Institutional Context”.

I am really struggling to find information on either of these two – well, anything that is education/university-focused or focused on collaborative creating learning objects.  There were a few collaborative projects from Phase 1.  Is there material available that detail your collaborative process – especially dealing with IPR? Documents, case studies, “talking head” videos, etc would be greatly appreciated.  And, if possible, these would be released as OERs through our course.  Ideally, this material would be around one of the following issues/subjects:

·         The basics of collaboratively creating learning objects/OERs – a flowchart / outline / etc

·         Problems / issues encountered and how they were overcome

·         Differing approaches to IPR between the partners / how did you handle different IPR policies & frameworks?

·         Legal issues, especially around clearance

·         Project management – a flowchart / outline / etc

·         Moral rights / ethical rights – different policies or strategies between the institutions involved?  If so, how was this overcome?

If these materials don’t exist, would it be possible to speak and brainstorm ways that UCF could create OERs that cover these areas based on your experience?

FYI, I have found amazing resources that cover these areas via the CREST Report and the Lambert Review.  I will be adding these as resources.  However, they are focused specifically on research collaboration and HEIs working with industry partners.  What I really need are materials that cover collaborations between universities around creating OERs/learning objects

Kind regards

Alessandro (Alex) di Savoia

Lecturer

University College Falmouth

Tremough, Penryn, Cornwall TR10 9EZ

T : (01326) 254330 - EXT: 4330

E : [log in to unmask]

W : www.falmouth.ac.uk

UCF YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/universitycollegefal

University College Falmouth – incorporating Dartington College of Arts

This email is sent on the basis of commercial confidentiality. If you should not have received it, please do not copy it, forward it or show it to others, but delete it and inform the sender.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please inform us immediately and then delete it. Unless it specifically states otherwise this email does not form part of a contract.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of University College Falmouth. You should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. University College Falmouth accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses

--
David Kernohan
Programme Manager - eLearning Team - JISC