NIOSH says: "There is a lack of scientific that back belts work, and the use should be voluntary decision by employers and employees.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/94-127/

Sergio Cedillo
OHS Practitioner

2011/5/5 Therona Goldsmith Occupational Health Nurse Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Does anyone know if back support belts are effective, a good idea, worth while or a complete waste of time? We have book distributors who are after some advice about these and I am afraid I dont really know much about them, having never advised them before.

Kind Regards
Therona Goldsmith
Occupational Health Advisor

Wellbeing Service | Occupational Health | PO Box 11 | County Hall | Chelmsford | CM1 1LX | 01245 430222 (ednet 20222)

Please be advised that all e-mail communication relevant to assisting in the management of the OH process will be printed and entered into the indidvidual's OH file. This may therefore be disclosed under the Data Protection Act (1998).

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person unless express permission is given. If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. It is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.