From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Cecilia Ann Fairhurst
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 9:28 PM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] spirometer mouthpieces

Hi guys
Bit of advice please. I regularly do health screening and as part of this obviously I do spirometry. I do and have always used flitered mouthpieces for obvious reasons.
I am well aware of the risk of infection from using the non filtered tube type mouthpieces however the company I am currently doing some work for feel that the cost of filtered are too high and advised me that they can get them for much reduced cost. So can ,I but they would not be filtered and I refuse to use them on my machine.
Can I have your comments on this please.
Regards
Celia