Kate wrote   If there is a likelihood of an ET, dismissal on health grounds or injury claim I would always refer to an OHP where possible or at least make the recommendation to HR/legal and then if they don't chose to, you at least do not have to defend why you didn't if it comes up in a court etc.I agree with her totally on this. You may have done all things correctly but refer on  for your protection, and to protect the organisation.Re SSP it is possible to be fit for one job and not another, but it is unclear  to me if they can be paid SSP if they are not incapable of working both jobs. Of course he may not have a "contract of employment" for his singing job...http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/helpsheets/e14.pdfYour employee has two contractsIt is possible for an employee who has two distinct contracts, with the same or different employers, to be incapable of work under one contract but capable of working under the other.When an employee has more than one contract with the same, or different employers trading in association, and their earnings are aggregated for NICs purposes, they must be incapable of work under all contracts before they can be entitled to SSP.CheersDiane Romano-Woodward

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: