Its for OH to comment on what would apparently benefit someone clinically - it is for management to make the decision about whether its reasonable/viable

For example - i`m sure my work related stress would be reduced if I didnt have to listen to people talking about their health problems all day - however I doubt that my Boss would consider this to be reasonable/viable so its likely that we would part company.......one way or the other........

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jane Gould
Sent: 03 May 2011 14:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Stress (again)

Thank you Sharon.

.it is that word REASONABLE  again..I am finding it difficult to decide what is reasonable..ie change of role which means Mr Bloggs doing something he finds stressful and what I, as a clinician, should be saying is reasonable !
Jane
useful phrases include:

I will need to outline the management issues in brief as a background to the clinical issues.

My knowledge of this case is based on Mr *********account of the issues that he states are affecting him

It is not within the OH remit to comment on the accuracy/validity of Mr *********** perceptions

In my opinion much could achived by management, rather than clinical intervention in this case.....

Mr ******* states that if he could be allowed to ***, this would reduce his feelings of anxiety. This would appear reasonable from his and a clinical perspective, however it is for management to decide whether this is feasible/acceptable to the business