From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Sarah L Redfearn
Sent: 19 May 2011 09:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] comencing work after hep B vaccinations

Hello Pauline,

I haven't heard of such a reference, however we work on the premise that
hep B vaccinations are given by the choice of the individual for the
said protection and there is a 10-15% (I think my memory is correct) of
non response so an individual could be working in a health care setting
without protection whether that be by choice or not.

I know it was a while since I trained but surely the best protection is
following the precautions we are taught throughout our training, in my
day it was called universal precautions, I am sure it will be called
something else by now.

Sarah

Sarah Redfearn  Dip HE Occupational Health

Occupational Health Nurse Advisor

University of Hull
Hull, HU6 7RX

www.hull.ac.uk <http://www.hull.ac.uk/>