From: Carr Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 3 May, 2011 20:08:18
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Keyboard type

Hi Jacqui

This might be of some help? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology

On 3 May 2011 20:01, jacqui livock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
hi Wayne
thanks for this, this is the one I have and carry with my laptop and I love it. Whilst I was happy to give a brand, I didnt know if there was a "technical term" for the shallow key similar to laptop keys.
I know there is a membrane in some keyboards which can be thicker and harder to press and I know that the individual can set the sensitivity via the control panel in their PC but I have met a chap who has gamers thumbs...(sonic the hedgehog has a lot to answer for on his sega megadrive in the 80's!) and he hammers the keys at work. He has about 150 keyboards at his disposal at work and they all have the deep keys- even the ones for visual impairment!

He is at a desktop pc all the time so does not need lightweight and has a MAC at home and I am not wholly sure what his home keyboard is but obviously it is better than his work one!
If I cant find the term, I will recommend the ergostars.
Jacqui

From: Wayne Llewellyn <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tue, 3 May, 2011 17:23:26

ergostars. see the link

http://www.posturite.co.uk/PosturiteSite/product/9735000.htm