Thanks to everyone for your input,

I think the whole exclusion criteria is about to be reviewed because of recent events where the desired candidate underwent an assessment and was not deemed suitable to work because of these exclusion criteria.

The argument that health and safety has in relation to reasonable adjustments or accommodations is that, if someone with an underlying medical condition such as asthma works in an area where there is exposure to known sensitisers such as Nickel, their health condition has a high risk of being aggravated, and the nature of the job they are applying for is such that exposure to this substance cannot be avoided in the role, despite the fact that full PPE is provided.

I must admit that I am feeling the lack of my OH qualification here. 6 years experience but will not be doing the course until next year. The case has been referred to the OHPhysician.

Carr, I will be discussing the use of fit and unfit with both the company and the OHPhysician. Thank you.

Roisin

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: