HI

My experience is that in reality, many FLT drivers work in factories which are noisy environments and therefore wear hearing protection, which renders them pretty deaf anyway.  They therefore need to be aware of what’s around them in other ways in order to be safe.  As already said, risk assessment is the key but deafness should not be a barrier.

Lindsey

Lindsey Hall

Independent Occupational Health Adviser

Split Dimension Ltd

07771 596111

Phone/Fax 01454 852715

www.splitdimension.co.uk

http://blogs.nitle.org/files/2010/09/twitter_logo-350x350.png  follow us on twitter

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the named  addressee or think you may not be the  intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on the contents of this transmission and should destroy it immediately. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me as soon as possible.

Please note that Split Dimension does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to protect your computer systems against any possible viruses contained in this transmission and/or attachments.

Split Dimension Ltd. Registered in England and Wales.  No 5725582.