Lorna

Given what you have written I have a concern about how well the organisation is controlling exposure to PPD. This is a very well known and common sensitiser. If your allergic worker is reacting then this is a potential indication that exposure is not being adequately controlled. Thus it is possible for other workers, similarly exposure, to become sensitised and develop occupational allergic contact dermatitis. This could place the company in a difficult situation, since there is already evidence of exposure and they would have difficulty demonstrating that they have adequately controlled this.

My view would be that your employer needs to revisit their control arrangements, possibly carrying out some monitoring to establish levels of PPD in the atmosphere. This would almost certainly indicate the need for more effective exposure control measures.

Chris

Chris Packham

FRSPH, FInstSMM, MCMI, MIIRSM, MBICSc

EnviroDerm Services

Unit 10, Building 11, The Mews, Mitcheldean, GL17 0SN

Tel: +44 1386 832 311 (office), Mobile: +44 7818 035 898