Hi
You could also contact access to work for an assessment. They may also assist with funding for any equipment.
Jane

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: Fiona McKinlay <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: [log in to unmask]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 14:52:50 +0100
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: Occupational Health mailing list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Deafness and driving a FLT

Hi Jane,

Profoundly deaf people hold ordinary driving licences and can make better drivers as their other senses are more honed e.g vision and touch/vibration.

You nailed it when you said risk assessment.  The company have to look at what measures are in place to ensure safe operation e.g flashing lights in place of audible alarms etc etc

Pedestrian routes where traffic and people come into close contact.

I’m sure some of the H & S people on the list would be able to give more precise guidance on this.

Fiona