We got exactly the same problem with our Lambda Physic FL3002 dye laser in our lab. Not only the place where the pump beam hits the cell, but also the output side of the cell got brown deposit. This not only reduces the output power, but also made the beam property worse. We got a new dye cell recently, but it got a little damaged again now. We are thinking whether it is due to the cycling speed which is too slow.

Hope there is anybody who can tell us how to avoid this damage and how to clean the dye cell.

Thank you so much.

Hong