Dear collegues,

1. I am writing a Cochrane protocol about inhaled analgesia for pain management during labour. Can someone tell me about the most recent figures for the USA, UK and Canada of the percentage use of epidural analgesia during labour, from the women of which birth ended vaginal? I read the figures of  the UK (DOH, 2005) and from Declercq (2002) but they are not the recent ones (in the Netherlands it is around 10% in 2008).
2. Does someone know something about the use of methoxyflurane as inhaled analgesia for pain relief during labour which is still being used in their enviroment/hospital/region?

With kind regards,
Trudy Klomp
Midwife lecturer and researcher in the Netherlands